The Borough Council and its partners are planning to begin the improvements to Brook Hollows later in 2021.
The first phase will concentrate on the lower part, mainly below the waterfall on both the north and south sides.
Meetings have taken place on site and a consultation on what should be done. These began on 17th June when the Transforming The Trent Valley held a Zoom conference call for those villagers who had registered an interest in this ongoing work. The Council and its partners would now welcome further input from residents.
The discussions so far have suggested the following.
- Improvements to the paths in the area to make them better in all weathers and more accessible for push chairs and those residents with disabilities.
- Restoration of the waterfall and the areas either side of the feature.
- Further and replacement seating
- An examination of all the trees in this area to determine the best approach. Restoration of access to the waterside on the north side of the lower lake through the removal of the existing growth.
- Interventions on the mini island to improve the nesting habitat for the many water birds.
We would now like to hear your thoughts and any other suggestions or alternative views on those already presented. Please e-mail email@example.com or alternatively a message can be left on 01283 508013 and an officer will call you back.
We all look forward to hearing from you.
Michael Hovers (ESBC Open Spaces Team)