Are you looking for a part-time job that gives you the chance to serve your local community? If so, we might have the ideal opportunity for you.
Our School Crossing Patrol Service operates to assist school children and pedestrians on their journey to and from school. We regularly have vacancies for School Crossing Patrols throughout the County and would be pleased to hear from you if you may be interested in doing this essential work.
The duties are term time only and are therefore ideally suited to anyone who prefers to take school holidays. You will receive full training and uniform, and payment throughout the year. You will also be required to attend a Health Assessment conducted by Staffordshire County Councils’ Occupational Health Department.
We currently have vacancies for:
- School Crossing Patrol – vehicle not essential
- Relief School Crossing Patrols – vehicle not essential
School Crossing Patrols operate twice daily during term-time. Duty times usually fall between the hours of: 8am – 9am and 3pm – 4pm, and each duty can last from 30mins up to 1 hours in length, but each crossing location is unique and has its own specific operating times (some locations may fall outside of these times, please check with the School Crossing Patrol team for individual crossing information).
Please note – vacancies are for Staffordshire only and DO NOT include Stoke on Trent. Our Current Vacancies:
Burton-upon-Trent, Uttoxeter & Tamworth
- Burton, Anglesey Primary School, Christ Church Primary, All Saints Road/Uxbridge Street, (point E3a)
- Barton under Needwood, John Taylor High, Thomas Russell Junior and Infants Schools, Gilmore Lane/Efflinch Lane (point E048)
- Barton under Needwood, John Taylor High, Thomas Russell Junior and Infants Schools, Station Road Zebra (point E205)
- Barton under Needwood, John Taylor High, Thomas Russell Junior and Infants Schools, Main Road/Dunstall Road, (point E905)
- Rollerston on Dove, John of Rollerston Primary school, (point E202X)
- Yoxall, St Peter’s C of E Primary, Main St, (point E206)
- Tamworth, Basin Lane, William McGregor School (point E287)
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to:
- demonstrate an awareness of road safety
- show commitment, reliability and dedication
- enjoy working outside and serving the local community
Applications are reviewed regularly. If a successful candidate is appointed to a vacant position, it may be removed, or the job advert may be closed early. The list of current vacancies will be updated on a regular basis and changes may apply. Candidates may be considered for other suitable roles and will be notified accordingly. Interviews will be held locally, and other areas or vacant posts may take priority. Candidates are welcome to apply for posts ‘under offer,’ however if the current applicant is successful the vacancy will be withdrawn – you may then be considered for other posts.
Package Description – Variable hours and rates dependent on location.
Current Pay rates: School Crossing Patrols and Local Relief Patrols – Grade 3; hourly rate: £10.79 rising to £10.98
For full details click here
For enquiries via the recruitment hotline: If you do not have access to the internet, or are unable to complete an online application form, please contact our recruitment hotline on 0300 111 8049, where you will be directed to an automated message system. Please follow the instructions as detailed within the message. For further information you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org